The PSSMA has expanded its membership, and is now officially open to all US producers of paper bags and sacks to provide a national trade association with a mission of providing its member companies with programs and services which further the US paper bag and sack industry’s objectives.
We would like to invite a representative of your company to attend the spring and/or fall meetings this year, with a favorably reduced registration fee that would cover only incurred costs, e.g. meals and beverages. The Spring Production Managers’ Seminar will take place May 14-16, 2019 at Elkhart Lake near Sheboygan, WI. As potential new members, you would be eligible to participate in all activities, including the Board of Directors’ Meeting and our Technical Committee and Marketing Council meetings. The PSSMA Bag Boot Camp will be held on May 14th, from 8am-5pm at the same location.
PSSMA will provide an inclusive forum for all US producers of paper bags and sacks to:
- Advocate for the US paper bag and sack industry
- Benefit from the economic efficiencies of joining a strong existing organization that focuses solely on paper bag and sack matters
- Educate stakeholders about the environmental and economic benefits of paper bags and sacks
- Learn about the latest trends in the technology of paper bag and sack production
- Provide convenient and economical access to suppliers of materials and services to US paper bag and sack manufacturers
- Receive granular industry safety performance report and identify best practices to improve workplace safety for all members
- Contribute to and receive industry-level statistical information in a forum that protects the confidentiality of member data and complies with US antitrust law and regulations
- Benefit from information exchange, presentations and discussions of key industry topics in two meetings each year monitored for compliance with US antitrust law
- Become knowledgeable of all aspects of the paper bag manufacturing process at low-cost annual PSSMA Bag Boot Camp industry orientation sessions
- Address important industry-level topics that are more effectively managed by an industry association, rather than at the individual company level (e.g. safety, regulations, etc.)
- Support the mission of the American Forest & Paper Association in addressing federal, state and local legislative threats unique to the forest products and paper bag industries
- Benefit from financial transparency and future dues increases limited to incremental costs of providing additional member services, as agreed to by the board of directors
We are excited to represent your interests in the industry. The 2019 Bag Boot Camp and Production Meeting Registration are open at a discounted rate. Please accept our invitation to begin a discussion to explain our proposal and learn what aspects of PSSMA membership are most important to your company.
Paper Shipping Sack Manufacturers’ Association www.pssma.org